Become a California Notary Public
Six (6) Hour LIVE Notary Public Course
There are no live class dates available at this time.
Private and semi-private classes available for organizations. Contact us for more information.
To be granted a California Notary Public commission, you must meet the requirements set by the Secretary of State’s office and pass an examination to verify that you have at least a minimum level of knowledge regarding the laws and regulations affecting notary public services. The Notary Public Section has contracted with Cooperative Personnel Service (CPS HR) to conduct its regularly scheduled examinations at established test centers throughout the state of California.
LIVE Class Dates and Times:
No live class dates available at this time
Six (6) Hour LIVE Course
- Six (6) Hour State Approved California Notary Public Course
- Same day California Notary Public State Exam (available for selected classes)
- Guaranteed Passing
- Proof of Completion Certificate Issued
- Instruction by experienced Notary Public
- Resources to help with starting your own Notary Business
You must meet these requirements to become a California Notary Public:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a legal resident of the State of California
- Must satisfactorily complete a course of study approved by the Secretary of State (class schedule coming soon)
- Must pass a state proctored exam for each four year term
- Must be able to pass a background check by the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Please bring the following when attending a LIVE (in person) session:
(1) One of the following Photo Identification: (current or issued within the last 5 years)
- A driver license or State DMV I.D. card
- A Canadian or Mexican Driver’s license
- U.S. Passport or Passport issued by a foreign government
- A U.S. Military I.D. Card
- No other forms of photo identification are allowed.
For Class + Test Sessions
(2) A completed Notary Application
All Applications for appointment must include a 2″ x 2″ color passport-type photograph of yourself attached to the application
(3) Check or Money Order for $40.00 payable to the Secretary of State
(4) Two (2) sharpened No. 2 lead pencils
* Note If you are not a U.S. Citizen you will need to bring your “Alien Registration Number” to class or have this information completed on your application.
After the Exam
Exam results are NOT provided by L.A. Mobile Notary & Business Services. Exam results are ONLY provided by CPS HR Consulting.
(1) Exam result letters will be sent to candidates via email or US mail fifteen (15) business days after the exam date.
(2) Exam results are available online to candidates fifteen (15) business days after the exam date.
(3) Notary Education Vendor pass/fail statistics are available online within fifteen (15) business days after the exam date.
(4) Results are NOT provided over the phone.
You will pass the California Notary State Exam! If you do not pass, you may return to any six (6) hour notary seminar of your choice absolutely free subject to seating availability. This pass guarantee only applies to the six (6) hour live seminar courses. The guarantee is limited to 1-year from the date of the initial class and is limited to two additional seminars. The seminar must be scheduled in advance and must be attended in its entirety in order to qualify for the guarantee.
All fees will be refunded within thirty (30) business days of a scheduled course date to any notary pubic course registrant if one of the following occurs: (1) the instructor fails to show (2) the course is delayed and starts more than 15 minutes after the scheduled time (3) the registrant requests a refund at least 48 hours before the scheduled start time of the course (4) once the course has started, refunds are not granted to “no-shows.”
Rescheduling and Cancellation:
Registrants are only allowed one time to reschedule and/or cancel. The frequency of the rescheduling, cancellations and no-shows have a significant impact on the notary education services.
If you are late arriving to class or late returning from break or lunch, you could lose your time spent in class and not be issued your Proof of Completion for the SIX HOUR mandatory class and you will have to reapply for the class. As an approved vendor, we are bound by the following regulations.
SECRETARY OF STATE
NOTARY PUBLIC EDUCATION REGULATIONS
Title 2 of Division 7 of the California Code of Regulations
§20800.5. Proof of Completion. (b) An approved vendor shall ensure that only a person who has completed an approved course of study receives proof of completion, as provided in subdivision (c). If a notary public applicant or notary public fails to be present during any portion of an approved course of study, the approved vendor shall not issue a proof of completion to the notary public applicant or notary public, and the notary public applicant or notary public shall not receive credit for the time in which he or she was present.
See Terms of Purchase for details